Saturday, September 13, 2008

Butternut Squash Soup (from Lacey)

2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion chopped (yuck, I use powder)
1 celery stalk (or however much you want)
1 medium carrot (I do more)
2 potatoes ( i do more)
1 medium butternut quash peeled, seeded, and cubed
32 oz of chicken broth

In large pot melt butter, add veggies cook until lightly browned. Pour in chicken broth (enough to cover veggies). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer until all veggies are tender (40 minutes or so). Transfer soup to blender and blend until smooth.

This is yummy. I always have to split it to get it all blended.

2 comments:

Myra said...

ha! i just wanted to find a good butternut squash soup recipe. i'll try it soon. we eat soup 1x per week.

Cindy and Jim said...

Oh, I'm so excited to have this recipe handy. I made some last year and 'twas fabulous.
MOM